I think it may have been too long since my last random post, so why not now, right? Right.
*weight gain....booo. Yes I'm pregnant, but dammit I did not want to gain this much. How much? 28 pounds so far.
* at 8 1/2 months pregnant I climbed Mt. Baldy. Seeing how when I was pregnant with JC I think I was so out of shape I would have passed out doing it, this time I was proud of myself for not even getting winded. Go me...
*As of right now, my kitchen is not done but it should be this weekend. Operation baby room is next.
*My sister is pregnant and I haven't seen her enough. I'm hoping that we can at least get a belly photo together since I never in a million years would have thought we would have been pregnant together, even if we are 5-6 months apart. She always told me she wasn't going to have kids, so when she finally got married, I knew I would be an Auntie CE soon. The day before she told us I made a comment how she should be having something to tell us soon...I was right. Big sisters are always right.
*Sometimes when I go use the restroom at work I think the toilet is worse than a scale. It shouldn't creak when my large pregnant ass sits down to take one of many pee breaks a day. The scales don't scream when I step on them, a toilet should creak when I sit down. That's all I have to say about that.
and that I have my post baby workouts ready to go because obviously even a toilet has a weight limit these days.
*My co-workers had a baby shower for me and I am still amazed how much they gave me. FLOORED I should say... I kept saying that they did too much and the only thing they can reply is "you always do". It made me realize just how lucky I am to work with great people.
* I am nervous about being a "new"mom all over again. Scared, nervous, worried. Do I remember how to do this all? Not to mention going back to work full time with 2 children, a husband, a house and a dog. My chest gets a bit tight just thinking about it.
*I figure it's going to cost us at least $1,200 a month in just child care cost alone. This makes me wonder if working is worth it. Well I know it is because of health insurance, life insurance and other benefits. But still. To have to pay that much for someone who I most likely will not feel entirely comfortable with to watch my children while I go to work sucks. After JC's experiences with daycare, I'm not looking forward to it all over again.
*I haven't had my hair cut since May. That is a long time but I figured I saved money, even though I looked tore up. Yes, tore up. Nasty. Shaggy. Non-beautiful. Gross. Worn out. Here is to hoping that I will feel better about my appearance after my appointments next week.
* As I type this, I am having contraction (most likely braxton-hicks) about every 15-20 minutes.
* Another pregnancy note. I'm tired of people telling me I'm not going to make it to my due date. I'm tired of people arguing with me if I will "pop" sooner. It's frustrating when older men of all people feel the need to tell me that I won't make it another 3 weeks. Makes me think I should have a poll of some sorts... I was hoping for Oct 1st myself.
*My 3 front left teeth are loose, says the dentist. Yet I did not tell him just how much ice I have been chewing. Instead he went on to tell me I'm grinding my teeth in my sleep and/or it's pregnancy related.
Well, as Mr. CE can tell you, I sleep with my mouth hanging open most of the time, so let's hope it's pregnancy related. Otherwise...it's braces for me all over again. Great.
*If there was anything I wish I could do before the baby it would be to sleep in a comfortable bed at a hotel and be able to swim all night and morning long. I didn't get to swim this entire pregnancy and I only wish I could have a weekend in a hotel to do both. Money is too tight...
*Also, if I had a magic lantern I would wish for Heidi Klum's pregnant body. I think Mr. CE would agree too. Maybe I wouldn't have had to chew so much ice....(kidding)
*Some co-workers/friends are going back to school and are currently taking Chemistry. I helped them with some problems and I loved it. Like I forgot how much I miss using my brain love it. It kinda sorta makes me want to go back to school, but then the Mr. Reality slaps me in the face and says,"Dumbass! You'll have 2 kids soon, a job and NO time or money to go back. Silly fool...."
(I kinda picture Mr. Reality as Mr. T. I pity the fool...)
So then I quickly retreat and stop daydreaming of a better career and money and return to my regular scheduled life.
* I'm addicted to reading People.com every day. I'm not sure why, but I am.
* Knowing that I suffered from post-partum depression and even more weight gain after JC, I made a goal that my Miss E's first birthday that I want to be able to run a 5k. Right when I got pregnant with her, I started doing the couch to 5k program and had to stop. So? I am setting a goal to get back on track and complete that goal.
*I need new shoes.
*My bags are not ready to take to the hospital. Should they be?
*Another pregnancy note, There have been too many people that look at me and say "Whoa, you are having a baby!" I mentally slap my forehead and say no shit Sherlock and then I kinda want to punch them for saying something so stupid.
I did actually say, "Nope, just gained a bit too much this summer."
* I hate chain emails, prayer emails, "keep this going or else" emails, "if you delete this all your hair will fall out" emails. I'm just sayin'.
*The other day I had a dream my baby came out with a penis. It made me panic that I have way too much pink in the closet for Miss E.
*Speaking of Miss E, I now find it funny when I tell people her real name and they look at me, not liking it and still try to fake and say that it's cute. People, people, people, I don't care if you like it or not, I love it and I think it's going to fit her perfectly.
Unless she does come out with a penis.... then not so much.
Question for you, all 4 readers I have....
If you could change one thing that has happened in 2009 so far, what would you change?